Great news we at Hailstone Travel have just been awarded the CoachMarque Accreditation as an assured coach company within our industry. Showing that we work to the highest standards.
Giving our customers peace of mind when booking and showing our existing customers they have been travelling with a company that have their best interests at heart to get them to their destination and back safely.
What Is The CoachMarque Accreditation?
CoachMarque is the only universally recognised kite mark of quality in the UK coach industry. Not only does the organisation assess the quality of the coaches and coach journeys, they assess and scrutinise every aspect of the business.
All companies accredited with the CoachMarque kite have proven to operate at the highest level within the industry. Companies are regularly assessed by an independent third party, who reviews their strict set of criteria’s during operation.
Part Of An Exclusive Club
Including us, only 4 coach company’s in the South East of England have this accreditation. What’s more impressive is that just 44 coach companies in the whole of Britain have this award.
CoachMarque Members’ Standards
Below is a list of all the standards the coach company has to abide by to be considered for review.
The coach companies must:
- Have a comprehensive health and safety policy for inspection
- Have an appointed person within the company who’s responsible for all the health and safety issues
- Have a policy of informing customers of the on-board safety procedures before departure
- Have their drivers licences checked on a regular basis. To ensure drivers have valid licenses for the type of vehicle they are driving
- Have an approved and documented training policy
- Have their drivers carry a copy of a handbook containing relevant information in order to carry out their duties in a professional manner and in line with Company policy
- Comply with all the necessary insurance requirements for public liability, group vehicle cover, employers insurance and where appropriate, tour operator liability
- Comply fully with current legislation concerning package travel, including safeguarding client’s money paid in advance
- Provide a 24/hr helpline for emergencies
- Have vehicles under 10 years old and comply with the latest EU safety standards
- Have all the company’s vehicles subjected to a rigorous preventative maintenance programme to maximise reliability and safety
- Have an identifiable operating base
- The driver in full uniform
- Have all coaches presented in a clean and safe condition fitted with seat belts
- Have all vehicles equipped with a mobile communication system
- Have a formal procedure to deal with a complaint, effectively and quickly